CJ File Browser 4.0 (Beta)
I know a lot of people are using my file browser with tinyMCE or for standalone applications. I just wanted to let everyone know, that I have been working feverishly on a major revision and you can check out the progress or lend a helping hand of support by checking it out on GitHub.
This version is meant to squash some long standing bugs, but also to take care of some of the many request people have been making over the past year. Some of the things that are on my hit list:
- Drag and drop file uploads.
- The ability to drag and drop to move files and folders around.
- Making it themeable with jQuery UI (I'm still not sure about this, since I'm not sure how tinyMCE will handle this).
- Allow renaming of files and directories.
- UI improvements: Easier to understand tooldbar, adjustable sidebar width, etc.
- Ability to view larger previews of images (Might incorporate lightbox or colorbox for this, suggestions welcome.)
This is not a complete list, but most of the major items that I wanted to incorporate or features my clients have been asking for.
What Can You Do?
If you want to join in on the fun, download the source from GitHub and start playing around. It's beginning to become a beast and I'm not sure if I can handle doing everything and keep on top of my normal clients workload. But I want to make sure I take care of everything you guys have been asking for. If you have more suggestions or know of any bugs, please let me know.
And as a side note, my new hero, Jona, took the time and wrote a PHP handler. I haven't had time to play with it yet, but you can check it out here: https://github.com/teeny/CJ-File-Browser-PHP-Handler. Thanks Jona!